Just another single dad trying to raise a son in this crazy world. Read about our ups and downs ... and adventures ... as we try to grow up together.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Spoiled

Wyatt came down the hall last night some 30 minutes after going to bed and said in a pathetic sounding voice, “ I don’t feel well.” I asked what was wrong and Wyatt said,
“ My belly hurts I need some pudding.” I couldn’t help but laugh and on this particular evening caved and gave him the pudding. Wyatt isn’t a spoiled brat he’s a great kid. Well behaved, good manners and seldom gives me a hard time. But I do shower him with special gifts like pudding at 9:00 at night. It seems that as parents, we want the same thing our parents wanted - to give our kids more than we were given. I’m not rich by any means but I spent way more on Christmas toys this year than I should have or even planned to. I just want to see that big beautiful smile when he opens his gifts and I know from the years past that it’s not the cost or the number of gifts. We’ve all seen our kids play with the box the gift came in more than the gift! So why buy more than they need? As Wyatt says, “ I got no idea!” Maybe I’ll hold a few of the gifts back for his birthday and try a little harder next year - I don't know - but I know for sure I'll have the camera ready when he opens them…ready to catch that sweet smile - which is really all I want for Christmas.


When I get where I’m goin there will be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these years
And I’ll leave my heart wide open I will love and have no fears
When I get where I’m goin don’t cry for me down here.
Brad Paisley/ Rivers Rutherford/George Teren

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so hard not to spoil our children ... they're just too cute sometimes!

2:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so hard NOT to spoil our children ... they're just too cute sometimes!

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home