Just another single dad trying to raise a son in this crazy world. Read about our ups and downs ... and adventures ... as we try to grow up together.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

My Whole Life!

Wyatt came home on New Years Eve and I got the big hug I had been waiting for all week! I know he loves me but I can’t help worrying that one of these days when he returns from his mother’s he might shun me like he has her in the past. So far so good.
I did get a great laugh on New Years day when Wyatt said “Daddy, you know what I’ve wanted my whole life?” His whole life? Pretty big statement for a 3 year old!
I laugh every time I think about it. Wyatt wants a TV that looks like a car from a movie he loves.
New Years day was a good time for reflection. I finally put together a scrap book I had bought nearly a year ago. All the pictures, movie stubs and event tickets we had collected over the year. I measured Wyatt’s height, which visually seems to grow by a foot every day. It was a good year for us and as we lay down that night, after reading a few stories, we both thanked God for the year and all it brought us and asked only the New Year be as fruitful as the last one had been.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Although we've never corresponded before, I was a tad bored and while surfing the net, came across your site. Just felt compelled to say something.

I like that you're sharing your parenting woes (per say) with everyone. Also, kudos to you for taking an active role in your son's life and being completely genuine about it all.

I enjoyed reading and look forward to hearing more from you!

10:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home