Just another single dad trying to raise a son in this crazy world. Read about our ups and downs ... and adventures ... as we try to grow up together.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Imagination

Kids have a great imagination - much better than adults. It seems we loose the wonder of infinite possibilities somewhere between realizing Santa Clause is a fake and getting a job to support ourselves. I was made more aware of this the other day when Wyatt and I were on our way to daycare and he was playing with one of his favorite toys, a crane that I had obviously repaired numerous times as you could tell from all the extra screws and pins in it. I said to Wyatt that I might not be able to repair the crane too many more times because it was getting so worn out. He said, “ That’s OK Daddy I can fix it. Oh man! I left my tools at home!” I replied, “ Well Wyatt you’re just going to have to use your imagination.” He said, “ My imagination? Hmm. Oh man!” And I said, “ What’s wrong?” Wyatt cried out, “I got my imagination all dirty now I’ll have to wash it!” Now that’s a great imagination!

I didn’t give that incident another thought until he had a friend of his over to play. The boys were playing outside and I heard Wyatt’s friend shout, “Oh no, the ladder on the clubhouse broke!” I heard Wyatt reply “That’s ok, I’ll use my imagination and fix it!” And both boys went to work fixing the ladder, using their magical imaginations.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Exception said...

This is really cute. Kids are amazing.

8:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home