Just another single dad trying to raise a son in this crazy world. Read about our ups and downs ... and adventures ... as we try to grow up together.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Say what you mean?

Sometimes kids say things they don’t mean. For that matter, so do adults! But it’s often more amusing when a child does it. Like last Saturday night, I put Wyatt in the tub and jokingly said, “Don’t pee in the tub!” I left for two minutes and the first thing he said when I returned, “I didn’t pee in the tub?!” ...Sure you didn’t.

I’m finding that kids say a lot of things they don’t really mean, whether it’s I’m cold when they mean hot or when you don’t give them what they want you hear the heart breaker, “I don’t love you” or “You’re not my friend.” You have to analyze most everything a child says to decode what they really mean. Because the fact is they do love you, as much as they want to be loved by you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home